[As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15]

My very brave and very scared little girl.

Does anybody see anything odd about this picture?  Look closely.

My brave little girl decided to get her ears pierced a few weeks ago.  We had been talking about it for a while but she was just a little too scared to actually go through with it, until, one day she randomly said she wanted to get it done.  I really didn't believe her so i just brushed it off and didn't put much thought in to it at all.  Well, I was so wrong.  While I was at our church ladies retreat, Thomas sent me a picture from his phone of her having it done.  I was totally shocked!  I was a little sad that I didn't actually get to see her get it done but I was glad that daddy got to experience it with her.  They really need more father/daughter time together, so this was good.   She is very much a mamma's girl.

Thomas said she was laughing so loud to try and hold back the tears.  She was very very brave and I was so proud of her for making that choice all by herself.

Two days later, she woke up that morning with one earring gone.  I tried to get it back in her ear but it just wouldn't go through.  Poor thing, I poked and poked but had to give up because it was hurting her so much.

We knew what had to be done now....get it re-pierced. (sigh)

Well, today was the day.  She was very excited about getting it done again and not the least bit scared...so it seemed.  We got into Claire's and then she just started sobbing.  I tried and tried to talk her into getting it done but no luck.  She was so so scared.  Believe me, she's made up her mind.  She will not get it done again any time soon that's for sure.  You could offer her 10 new dolls and she wouldn't budge on her decision.

So...my dilemma.

Do I take the other earring out?  Or....leave it in until she decides to have it done again.  (Which I honestly believe, at this point, will be a very long time from now.)

I need your advice!!  Leave it or remove it??

4 People Think:

Holly said...

I say take the other out and let it grow back up until she's a little older. Lucy begged and begged and begged to get hers done, so I waited until she couldn't stand it any more and finally got them pierced. I'm glad too, cause we had a similar situation and I was able to remind her that she "really, really, really really (add 84 more) wanted it done!" So then, she wasn't mad at me. Plus, now that Lucy is older, she can change them out, clean them, etc, on her own. Makes it much easier than if we'd done it at a younger age. Okay, that's my 2 cents! :-) I think you're a GREAT momma who will make the right decision either way! She sure is a cutie!

Sunny said...

AK has been asking to get hers done, but I'm just not so sure about all of the cleaning and everything that goes along with it.

I would have been so shocked to have gotten that picture while away. What a sweet memory for the two of them. Have you tried letting Thomas take her back to get it done? If she won't budge, I might take that one out and let it regrow. She might change her mind if she knows that is going to happen. Let us know what you decide. We'll be there soon enough.

McKinney Madness said...

Hmm... that's a tough one. Do they pierce both ears at the same time or one at a time? That's probably a silly question, but it's been about 24 years since I've had mine done so I'm not hip with the latest on ear piercing! : ) I want to say leave it in but if she's not budging I'd give it one last go before taking it out. I'm sure you'll make the right decision!

Jamey said...

I think I would take it out if she's not budging on her decision. No use in cleaning and all that jazz. What is her suggestion? If she's like Avery, I'm sure she has a strong opinion! :)

Post a Comment